Research - Week 15



21/05/2019

Specs for high quality printing at SIT
60mm wide by 310mm height - 300dpi
PSD format - pick enlargement for detail or smooth
File name: Firstname_PaperType_01

Paper types - Sticky, Matte photo, Matte 180 gsm (heavy)
Check aspect ratio and save as size you want printed

Once sticky prints are dry, you align push it against the wall properly to keep it sticked.


I got a move on with undertaking and completing a locked edit on Premiere, which I managed to get done, despite notable continuity errors, and clumsy jump cuts and sound. Bethany quite liked the edit for my sequence, but Caleb believed that I shouldn't have so many jump cuts, which is something I can't do much about because I didn't film shots that would make the shots smoother between them.

When I took a break before lunch, I walked over to Warehouse Stationery to buy a hard cover exercise book (for the feedback to be recorded at the exhibition) and blu-tack (for putting up the posters at SIT Apartments). I let my locked edit export on Media Encoder while I was on break and it was done by the time I got back.

I sent the draft of my artist statement to Bex to get feedback on it and she did. However, the changes recommended in her feedback was challenging to apply in my artist statement, but I at least made an effort to make the changes to the best of the ability, even if it doesn't come out good. I eventually sent away the completed artist statement onto the Temp Drive for it to be printed for the exhibition. It's not as good as I would had hoped, but it will improve by the time it is required to be submitted for this paper.

I created another sequence on Premiere for the final video, in order to have both the colour and black and white version in the same video. I added a Monochromatic Punch (Lumeri style) effect to get a fine black and white version, while the colour version still used the same effect. The colour version with the Monochromatic Punch effect applied was still in colour because I ticked a option on the effect concerning High Dynamic Range.




For the credits, I credited myself, the actors, and miscellaneous stuff concerning the filming location, academic and copyright disclaimers, an strangely enough, I decided to include my creative influences into the credits since this is a research project that started out from being influences by other related to the project's subject.

I also added a blooper reel at the end with the credits in order to make it to the 3 minute mark that is required of me for my project.




After the lunch break, we went to the exhibition space we have downstairs called RAW Gallery, which will be our exhibition venue. We were there to organise amongst ourselves whose work is going where and to get a tally directly on who needs a podium, TV, wall space, or anything else to exhibit their project. The TVs were all booked and it's something that is going to be investigated, but for now,m I should be fine and I will possibly share a TV with Oisin (whom has already got a TV booked for the exhibition). Some film and animation students will be sharing projectors to present their work at the exhibition.

I will stop there for today and move on to work on stuff needed to be done for other assessments.

23/05/2019

I have managed to get consent from Lukas to have in the blooper reel and he signed a release form. He is credited as 'Blooper Guy' and he is the guy in the blooper reel that runs into the classroom fast after Tim does.






I have spoken with Chris about booking a TV for exhibiting my project and I went to him to book the TV because there technical difficulties with doing so myself online, both when doing it on the app or on a PC. He asked what inch TV did I want, but I didn't really care because they all sounded like big TV screen sizes, ranging from 40 to 50 inch. I managed to get the 40 inch TV booked for me and it turns out that only five people in the exhibition needs TV and there are 5 TVs, so it should hopefully go around nicely.

Chris did inform me that I will need to provide my own pen drive in order to show my project on the TV and that the reservation that has been made for me will go from next Tuesday (28th of May) to until the end of the exhibition. I think that will be the 11th of June. Getting podiums for the exhibit has been a different story because Gayle has been vague about it and I need two for the TV and the exercise book in order to get feedback needed from the public that directly relates to my research.


24/05/2019

I managed to acquire a pen drive form the SIT Bookshop, which I will use to show my work on a TV at the exhibition.

I have been informed that the posters are ready. However, I had been busy with filming the testimonial part of my cinematography showreel today.

Looking back at the colour research last term, I could had applied it towards by making the sequence abstract and full of colour rather than having an narrative. However, I think it would had potentially made it look more like a visual arts project than a film project.

I decided to view the sequence one more time before doing a final render. The editing is a bit choppy, but is fine other than that. I have also found the low quality of the final shots weren't noticeable with them scaled down to show the comparison between the colour and black and white version, which allowed it to blend in with the somewhat higher quality footage taken on my phone.

I am somewhat satisfied with the outcome of my project and I have very limited time for this project this weekend because it will be full of assisting other film students with shooting their cinematography showreels. However, I managed to get the completed project rendered into a H.264 MP4 video file and ready for exhibition and be copied over to a pen drive for the exhibition and to be shown on a TV.

Funny thing about today? Zara sent me the better quality of the finals hots taken on her phone for the project just as I had finished exporting the project into a video file. I decided to not replace the lower quality clips with the higher qaulity trhat I just recieved from Zara because you can't really tell the difference at a smaller size that I have it at and so I didn't have to export the video again.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

BSA731 - Exhibition 2

Digital Video - Lockdown Week 4

BVA703 Research - Lockdown Week 3