Screen Arts - Week 12
29/04/2019
Today, we will be spending the day on completing and handing in our scene analysis and proposal. We are to make sure all the requirements in the course descriptor are tricked off as far as we are each concerned, in which I'm fine because I kept a close eye on thatIf we are stuck on finding resources, go to Ebook Central, and Te Ara (if you are researching about a New Zealand filmmaker)
When in doubt about finding resources or information, we can consult with the tutor (Traci).
I mentioned about Studiosity to Traci and she wasn't aware of the online tool. Because I'm pretty confident about my proposal being complete, all that I could do was proofread other students' proposals, in which I proofread Luqman's proposal. His proposal was fine, he just needed to fix how words were typed.
Jacqui managed to proof read and found I made a big mistake with my work. I made my own analytical notes of the directors intentions towards the scene rather than them being supported by research material. I didn't know that how it was needed to be done and no one told me, so it wasn't my fault. Bethany proof read it and found nothing wrong, she in fact thought my proposal went straight to the point, which is contrary to the feedback I got from Studiosity.
The Princess Bride was being played in the background while we rushed to complete and submit our proposal before the deadline ended. Traci thought it would be a calming movie to be played in the background.
With only an hour left before the deadline, I tried my best to find information on the SIT library database to find supporting material for my proposal. With the time I had, I only found one piece of supporting information in one the library's database (ProQuest Ebook Central) and replaced one paragraph. I don't usually make use of ebooks for research because it's more straining on my eyes and harder to read than physical print.
I managed to submitted my proposal with the changes barely one minute before the deadline by email because it wouldn't copy over into the Y drive dropbox. I was in such a rush submitting in that last minute that the email subject was 'Jerry ptropoidsal'.
I reckon I will only just pass this assessment.
Traci mentioned that the day trip to Dunedin has been approved and that all students in the entire department will be going up, so they will be using a lot of buses.
03/05/2019
Chartier, N., Costigan, M., Greene, A., Keshishian, A., McGilvray. D., Simkin, M., & Berlinger, J. (2019). Extremely Wicked, Shockingly Evil, and Vile [Motion picture]. United States: Netflix.
Not only did the filmmakers put in convincing efforts (on part of Zac Efron's performance) to have the audience sympathise with a serial killer, but it also reflected his state of mind and how the media glorified and saw him. However, I could not take Jim Parson's performance seriously because it looked like he didn't take the role seriously either. It seemed like he did the role for money and put his Big Bang Theory personality on default in this film.
The filmmakers also did good job to vilify the characters that were not convinced of Bundy's innocence, in support of making the audience sympathise with this depiction of Ted Bundy.


Comments
Post a Comment