Research - Week 17
04/06/2019
I feel much more refreshed and enthusiastic today. We'll see what progress I can produce today...I added an indent on the left side of the pages in my dissertation as instructed in the cover sheet specific for submitting our dissertations.
After generalizing about how this project develops me as an arts practitioner, it's made me believe that I really should had researched about the psychology of colours for this project.
Bex and the rest of the class isn't wrong that 2,000 words isn't enough to include everything in our dissertation. We are curating this piece of writing. I have only included some research questions that I generated at the beginning of this paper
Appendices is a collection of analysed resources, our blog posts, images, scripts, and storyboards. It's going to make this dissertation, a massive document.
Formal, but personal is the writing style that is expected for our dissertation.
I reckon I have more secondary than primary sources. Collating primary sources is going to be a stretch because I need six of them included in my dissertation, although the secondary sources is going to be easy to collate.
We had a talk from someone about designing a logo for Anderson Park
An elegant estate whose owners donated to the city upon their death and are used as an art gallery, but part of it is now an earthquake risk. Anderson Park is very similar to the Aigantighe Art Gallery in that respect. However, the art galley at Anderson Park is completely closed, whereas only the permanent collection part is closed because of being an earthquake risk.
Dissertation - Bex explaining to us the dissertation components
- Your research question and how the question has changed over time.
- Aim or Objective - going through planning, drafting, a process, and reaching for a outcome. It must be include your medium, and context (the ideas and theory behind it).
- Influences - it can be films we have looked at it. Primary is critical and are material we can't live without towards this project. Secondary sources are a small aspect of the project or part of something that is relevant in an earlier version
- Book or Film review - In case, it would be Natural Born Killers.
- I felt dumb mistaking PJ's work with Corrie's work, but that's because they were close together and I didn't notice the artist statement in between them
- The soft edges of the human subject in Gayle's photographic exhibit gives a flat and two-dimensional to the images and almost blends onto the background
- Jean's exhibit would been more noticed if there was a sign saying his work was down the hallway like Sorcia.
- Caleb was wondering why there is so much colours in the colour version and he didn't understand why I chose the colours in the colour version. He was focused too much on the technical aspects, rather than considering the context. He didn't believe I should had showed two different versions because there it is the same video, but that is beside the point.
- PJ thought the ending credits was shown too brief to be readable, although I argued that most films actually have credits that go by quickly like this and you need to pause the film to understand what the credits state. It's just a conventional choice.
Those who did understand my work and read my artist statement gave me more favorable feedback.
- Britney and Jacqui both liked my exhibit and believe that the exhibit shows that I did a lot of research to get to this point and that I know what I'm talking about.
- Bex was generally positive about my exhibit. I can't completely recall what she said because I forgot by the time I typed this up in this blog post.
- Britney suggested that I should had research about the film noir genre for my research, but I wouldn't done so because I have done research in that genre in the past and doing it again would feel repetitive.
Our submission date has again been extended, but this time to 14th June.


Comments
Post a Comment