Audio Techniques - Week 2
16/07/2019
File managementRAW > Sound > Day_1
RAW > Footage > Day_1 > CARDA001
RAW > Footage > Day_1 > CARDA002
We get marked on our file management and will be doing the first assignment in class.
Practical class
It was an interesting practical, hands-on type of class today, being shown how to put together a shotgun mic and a dead cat cover for the mic and putting on a boom pole. It gave me memories of working on cinematography shoots last semester. I'm not good at being a boom operator because of my dyspraxia, which affects my coordination and I can't keep my hands stationary when holding a boom pole or walk fast enough when a boom is used for a following or tracking shot and keep it still at the same time.
My favourite part of today's class was being clearly shown how work with a lapel mic, transmitters, and receivers.
We did some filming of a short scene right outside the front of the Downtown campus. It was good experience, especially as an introduction for the animation students. I appeared in the scene in a small role and I was the only one was volunteered to take the role. The funniest part of filming today was when that guy on the mobility scooter zoomed past while a take of the scene was being filmed.


Comments
Post a Comment