BVA603 - Week 3
23/07/2019
I suggested to Bo about release forms, but he reckoned that we could just have the subject stating that they consent to the video being used for event and such. It would be a lot easier.As a class, it was insisted that the research team put the filming student on hold until marketing has done some posters and such.
We need to do two drafts, which we email to Bex and print one draft we like the most.
Six resumes worth emulating. These are resumes that really caught my eye and would like to be influenced by them and emulate at least one aspect from them
Enhancv (2018). 23 Creative Resume Examples for 2019. Retrieved July 23, 2019, from Enhancv website: https://enhancv.com/blog/the-23-most-creative-resume-designs-weve-seen/
I quite like the sketched visuals in the resume because it really sells the individual's creative skills as an illustrator, plus their individual own rating on her level of skills with different types of media.
I mainly liked the idea of spreading out your experience and education with a visual timeline.
I quite like the passport design, this is an aspect that could be worth experimenting with if I have time.
Canva (2018). Templates. Retrieved July 23, 2019, from Canva website: https://www.canva.com/templates/resumes/MADSMDawBGE-pink-blue-design-resume/
Here's a template from Canva below that I really like, particularly how it was able to compress information and still look good.
Kliever, J. (n.d.). 50 inspiring resume designs: And what you can learn from them. Retrieved July 23, 2019, from Canva website: https://www.canva.com/learn/50-inspiring-resume-designs/
This is quite a striking and contrasting design that stands out that would be worth trying out, especially since it works well by including minimal information on yourself.
Again, this example is a good way to express the individual's level of skills necessary in their field. But mainly, I like how the individual has put an image of himself as a banner design / image.
Even though it gives an opportunity to somewhat wordy, it still allows to categorizes what you're capable of and make them stand out at the same time. I quite the simplicity of the typography in this design, despite being a template on Canva.
I quite like the use of multiple colours in this design.
Resume draft design 1 - work in progress
24/07/2019
Resume draft design 1 - work in progress
26/07/2019
I went along to the Rebecca Amundsen public talk / campaign launch last night. She confirmed that the biggest local issue is housing and what wants is to continue diversity in the city council and not for it to revert back to the status quo of being a boys club. I managed to collect a pamphlet and a fact sheet (both double-sided) from the event that I was welcome to take.
I will be placing these pieces of material into our event's OneDrive and I will notify the class through Discord that I have placed the material into the OneDrive.
Fact sheet
Pamphlet
Resume draft design 1 - completed
I couldn't create a simple and clean arrow myself, so I created one on Microsoft Word and copied it over to the InDesign file for this resume design.
Resume draft design 2 - completed
This design is one I like much more than the original because it allows more spoace for more information and looks more professional. However, it was hard to decided wqhich design was better at the start. I applied consistenty or repetition (a design principle) where I repetitively used the same colours to give a colour scheme (cyan blue, dark blue, and light grey). I made the premiere circles magnta and the after effect cricels lilac purple to apply promixity (another design principle) because they are the colours of the actual software. The skills circles are pretty much how I rate my skills out of five.
I put together a design for my cover letter and copied over the structure for a cover letter that I had been using while doing degree study in Christchurch. My mind was all used up at this point, so I decided to modify the text later. This design, like the resume designs, was also done on InDesign.
28/07/2019
Achievements (cont.)
Ara Appreciation Award
Ara Institute of Canterbury
2016
Publications (cont.)
Thyne, N. (2014, February 6). Filming finishes for long short movie. The Timaru Herald. Retrieved from http://www.stuff.co.nz/timaru-herald/news/9694917/Filming-finishes-for-long-short-movie
Ashby-coventry, E. (2015, February 7). Cafe moment inspires short film. The Timaru Herald. Retrieved from https://www.stuff.co.nz/timaru-herald/news/65893384/
Aoraki Polytechnic 'On Campus' Newsletter, April 2015.
I couldn't APA reference this source because there isn't one for a print newsletter or newsletter article without an author. I have managed to upload this document onto my portfolio website (in the CV webpage) as a link to a PDF.
This was an article in the regular newsletter of the former polytechnic, Aoraki Polytechnic. The article was about my class' involvement in a work experience opportunity, where we completed a series of interview videos for the Timaru District Council. I'm included in the photo attached to the article.
Cover letter design - completed (to an extent)
I added placeholder text because I got stuck on the right words to type for that paragraph. But I did managed to modify a lot of the information in the cover letter and made it into a cover letter as if I was applying for a video editor position at the Invercargill City Council. There may not be such a position at the city council, but this is just a design to be fair.
My portfolio website (before updating)
Home page
Bio & Contact webpage
This light box feature I later removed when modifying because looking back, it seemed a bit distracting and annoying.
CV webpage
Testimonials webpage
I'm well aware about the third page of the testimonials still on its default template, but I didn't have a someone I had worked with outside of Ara who could had offered a few words. This is something I will fixing this year.
My portfolio website (with changes)
It's here that I updated the photo of myself and details referring my current field of study and my base of operations.
Here I added my cinematography showreel from this year into my filmmaking playlist.
Here I updated my details on my experience, art exhibitions, education, honours and awards, and referees (basically everything!). I also added publications that I am included in and the links are provided, including a link to a PDF of an issue of Aoraki Polytechnic's regular newsletter.
Here I updated the year at the footer of my website from 2018 to 2019.


















Comments
Post a Comment