Audio Techniques - Week 6


13/08/2019

We can select / highlight an audio and use an effect from there.

If I want to use Waveform and volume at the same time for an audio clip, I click the drop menu of the audio clip and add another.

Increasing gain can cause noise in the audio clip. You can alternatively use the Gain effect to turn up or down the volume rather than having the volume waveform.

In the Mix window, we can add effect by clicking on the Inserts part of the Mix window.

You can delete the marks from the pen tool on the waveform by highlighting it and then you delete it.

EQ and Verb effects are the main tools you would be using when sound mixing on Pro Tools. We went through Reverb, but I didn't really understand how to apply it.
Eventually, I figured out that I just get the Mix window up, add D-verb on the Inserts, select the highlighted area and then BOOM!




With the Reverb, I managed to make the police siren, police radio, and car speeding by sound more authentic and ambient. It was only incidentally with the police radio. At the first with the police radio changed with Reverb and on Solo, it sounded too surreal to suit he environment, but then played it back with the other audio, and switched off the Solo and was proven wrong.

Clicking Auto on the D-verb effect tool window and if you add wet/dry, you can manipulate wet/dry on a drop down menu of the audio clip. You can then manipulate it with the Pen Tool.

You can have a Master Track by adding a new track

It's a good idea to add EQ 3-7, Dyn3 Compressor, and D-verb onto the master track.
3 to 1 is common for the ratio on the Dyn3 Compressor

I experimented with adding a Reverb effects on the windscreen wiper, but it makes it sound like wind power turbines on Solo, and without Solo, you can barely tell the difference.

I tried to work with EQ 3-7 again, but it wouldn't work at all unlike Reverb

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

BSA731 - Exhibition 2

Digital Video - Lockdown Week 4

BVA703 Research - Lockdown Week 3