BVA603 - Week 4



30/07/2019


Videojug. (2009, June 15). How to run a meeting [Video file]. Retrieved from https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e3a0KbM5p9A




Prepare - reasons why you have a meeting and what aim to achieve from the meeting
Icebreaker - introduce yourself to each other to get to know each other.
5 minute bell - Bring a bell to limit discussions from an individual
Minutes - bring along someone to be a notetaker
Keep people informed about the outcomes of the meeting.

We need to have a level of confidentiality. The reason why we have confidentiality is because it's professional and gives a wow factor to the end result.

We did postpone the filming from last week, but we didn't get the filming booked for today. We can't leave it until next week because it would leaving it only one week before the event takes place.

Bo had an idea of us shirtless and in orange body paint with the SIT logo on our foreheads, but only Bo wants to do it. However, it was a group decision.

We would need to film the interviews with students on the main campus before the next class. I will be unable because I have things to take care of for my dad until Sunday, in relation to the art awards.


Jobs in the industry that I would like to do

  • Film / Video Editor for film and television / marketing, advertising, or businesses
  • Camera Operator for live TV
  • Film archivist (e.g. Nga Taonga Sound & Vision)
  • Director

It was difficult to find job on The Big Idea, Indeed and Careers NZ that suited me, so I ended up with four, instead of six. I would desire being employed in the South Island, preferably Christchurch or Dunedin.

Film / Video Editor and Camera Operator are industry position that are more desirable because they're ones that come to mind for when I finish studying film here and are the most realistic positions to get with my current skills and experience.

https://www.careers.govt.nz/jobs-database/arts-and-media/entertainment/film-and-video-editor/

Film / Video Editor

  • I need to be up-to-date with editing software
  • Capable of telling a story with music creatively
  • I need to be know how film production works.
  • Know how SFX and VFX enhances film and video
  • Communicate well with clients. I can communicate well with others when I know what I'm talking about.
  • May need to travel in different parts of New Zealand or overseas
  • Work in a professional environment
  • Learn Avid Media Composer
  • Good attention to detail
  • Working on short films considered useful experience

Wishful thinking jobs

Online Sub-Editor/ Loader and News Researcher

Maori Television
https://www.seek.co.nz/job/39498565?type=standout&searchrequesttoken=980e22be-f7ca-42b3-8623-0fbc18929deb

Inexperience with identifying, planning, and coordinating deliveries of news and current affairs stories, bureaucratic stuff like court applications, standard software for this sort of workplace, and the job set in Auckland are definite obstacles for applying for this position.


Junior / Intermediate Photo & Video Operator

AJ Hackett Bungy NZ
https://www.seek.co.nz/job/39531416?type=standout&searchrequesttoken=8c1033e9-b1e5-452b-9c55-05a9cceeb80d

Incapable to drive or get a driver's licence, limitations on some technical gear, not good at solving trouble-shooting issues, and difficulty communicating with customers are definite obstacles for applying for this position.


Presentation Scheduler Fixed term

SKY TV
https://www.seek.co.nz/job/39533716?type=standout&searchrequesttoken=4dce2957-3c9d-45c6-a16f-74b330f1484a

Inexperience and no knowledge with transmission logs and other such broadcasting practice, and the job being based in Auckland are definite obstacles for applying for this position.


Promotions Producer

Country TV
https://www.seek.co.nz/job/39446432?type=standard&searchrequesttoken=b1856cae-70ca-46e6-bc01-54c9d5cd4224

Inexperience with managing media traffic and VOD platforms, inexperience with working in advertising, and the job being based in Auckland are definite obstacles for applying for this position.


MCR Operator

SKY TV
https://www.seek.co.nz/job/39478800?type=standout&searchrequesttoken=24133f7f-9241-4b5d-ba92-6c9827883217

Experience with the position, working in television or broadcasting, technical IP practices, and the job being based in Auckland are definite obstacles for applying for this position.


Esports Live Producer

TIEM TECHNOLOGY LIMITED
https://www.seek.co.nz/job/39405553?type=standard&searchrequesttoken=820263e8-36f7-4fa1-8dbf-4545991108af

Despite having experience being a live camera operator at the ILT Stadium, I'm inexperienced in directing live broadcasts, and it also based in Auckland, which are definitely obstacle for applying for this position. 

The most common aspects that stop myself from applying for such jobs that I would like to do, but are unlikely to get are having inexperience with certain skills and knowledge, and jobs based in Auckland.


Applicable jobs
Full Time Videographer / Editor in Queenstown

High Performance Academy Ltd
https://www.seek.co.nz/job/39445578?type=promoted&searchrequesttoken=f5752809-8ae5-4483-98b3-9ec85e6fd944

Being familiar with certain film gear (Zoom sound recorders, professional camcorders, Blackmagic Cinema cameras etc), video editing software, DSLR cameras, camera operating, being able to work with others well, and being proactive about necessary tasks needed to be done are aspects of myself that translate well into applying for this position.


Media Digitiser

SKY TV
https://www.seek.co.nz/job/39548989?type=standout&searchrequesttoken=f95fdb7a-9901-4548-85db-95d26df55b38

Despite having inexperience ingesting videotape, I am familiar with ingesting digital footage and this is a position that I would love to do and it's close enough to working as a film archivist.



Internship places - South Island
Whitebait Media
CTV

Internship places - North Island
Park Road Post Production
Nga Taonga Sound & Vision



02/08/2019

Applicable jobs
Media Operator


NEP New Zealand
https://www.seek.co.nz/job/39587611?type=standard&searchrequesttoken=93372657-2c3a-4416-90d3-6ce1a6f6c814

https://www.nzlivetv.co.nz/



Wisahful thinking jobs
Camera Operator and Head of Camera Department


Storyworks
https://www.seek.co.nz/job/39591185?type=standout&searchrequesttoken=d12b6169-59a3-407a-95b4-35efe9c034a3



02/05/2019


I managed to work on the cover letters for positions at NEP New Zealand and SKY TV, but didn't get around to proof reading them. I printed out copies of the cover letters and my resume, so that I can proof read them at home because I don't have Adobe software at home or on my own laptop.


NEP New Zealand cover letter - work in progress



SKY TV cover letter - work in progress




03/05/2019


I managed to proof read the cover letters and my resume myself. However, there wasn't any skills worth removing or adding to the resume, but I did remove my qualifications in digital design and photography because they're really just diplomas in graphic design and have not much relevance to the job positions. 

I did think about communicating (or communication) with others being skill, but anyone can do that so I didn't think it was worth adding to the resume and I believe it is less important than the skills already on the resume.


05/08/2019


I managed to type in the changes I had in mind for the cover letters and my resume.

Modified resume




Cover letter for NEP New Zealand - completed




Cover letter for SKY TV - completed



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

BSA731 - Exhibition 2

Digital Video - Lockdown Week 4

BVA703 Research - Lockdown Week 3