BVA603 - Week 7
20/08/2019
In the committee meeting we discussed the pros and cons of organising the event, on part of the research team. I did acknowledge that I should had took over from Bo with editing the interview videos, but I only thought of that in hindsight. We also recognised that we had communications problems and should had sorted out the tasks spread out with everyone in the team, not leave it all to someone who first puts their hand up.Reflecting on our mistakes, how we could had resolved them better, what we could learn from that experience, and how we could do better next time gave us a better direction for when we start organising Think and Create, which is our end of year exhibition for film, animation, and visual art student of all years in the degree programme at SIT.
I showed Bex a printout of my internship and see likes my style of writing and that I got a general overview of the companies, but what I still to include in this report is what skills and expertise that I can contribute to these companies, in relation to the my research on these companies. I stuck at first, so Bex suggested for me to look at my cover letters.
I managed to get some words done for most of the companies included in the dossier, but I was at a lost with Amazon Studios because I couldn't think of things that I could offer in relation to the research. I couldn't offer myself as being good in location scouting because I'm relatively unfamiliar with the region, including Queenstown and I'm incapable of driving and don't have a drivers' license.
However, if they would welcome students to work on set in Queenstown as a camera or editorial intern like the Avatar sequels have done recently, I would put my hand up for that and having some experience in a studio environment, short films, video editing and production would be a good starting point on why I would suit that type of role for their production.
Pros and cons
This is the result of the research that my team went into to bring this outcome
Sandwich boards
This is some sketches by Natasha of the possibility of wearing sandwich boards around te campus to promote the Q&A event, especially for when we were filming the student interviews.
This is a list of responsibilities that we assigned ourselves in the research team
Second opinion
I sent my cover letters and resume to my old careers adviser in Christchurch, Lynda Clegg to get a second opinion and received a reply. Lynda believe that my photo made me look too serious, mention positive aspects of my autism like attention to detail, and she thought there wasn't enough information in the cover letters about the companies and their values.
Lynda also thought it was critical that include my other qualifications, but I had them omitted for a good reason. The reason being that they weren't relevant to the jobs that I was applying for and I had to change my resume to suit the job descriptions.
I'm staying with that 'serious' photo because it's the most recent professional photo of myself, the other being from last year. This photo I have already have in the CV is better.
I could include the attention to detail as a skill, it could be makes me different or stand out from others, but the question is whether it is relevant for the jobs that are being applying for with the cover letters. I also already have enough in the cover letters and CV.






Comments
Post a Comment