Visual Effects Compositing - Week 4

01/08/2019

Compositioning
As a class, we went through a tutorial about compositions and pre-compositions. Even though if some of us were familiar with this, it was to prove to the tutor that we knew what we were doing. In addition, we did some effects to some explosions and introduced us to a honeycomb-like effect called Vector Blur, which further modifies the explosions.





Masking
As a class, we went through a tutorial about masking in After Effects. We could whatever we wanted, but I just ended up masking out the actor's head and gave it a very soft edges to make it look erased. It was time-consuming and was my first time masking / rotoscoping a moving image with animating the masking. I was familiar with masking on After Effects from my motion design degree, but I was never taught or encourage to animate the masking or rotoscope.




Track Matte
We were introduced this type of motion graphics where you could invert a video into text graphics. This was something that looked cool and I always wondered how that could be done. There was however, a problem. I couldn't find Track Matte on the After Effects on my computer, so I just left it at placing large text.




02/08/2019

Track Matte in 1917


Screenplay
Before I get the VFX storyboards, it's best to get a screenplay done beforehand.
I got a start on my screenplay for the VFX project, but I got stuck after writing up the start. I knew what was ti happen in the story and I had a beat sheet laid out I could refer back to, but I still had a mental block. I was stuck on putting the words together. So I put this on hold for a while and went to work on stuff for another paper that I could get done and just go back to this later. At least I got at least something completed for this paper for now.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

BSA731 - Exhibition 2

Digital Video - Lockdown Week 4

BVA703 Research - Lockdown Week 3