Visual Effects Compositing - Week 6



15/08/2019

I continued on with my new portal on After Effects. There were parts of the tutorial where you would put coding into the evolution of the effects applied like the parenting tutorial we did in class last week. Because I have trouble getting that part right, I compromised by doing it as I would without coding like in the class tutorials last week.

I managed to complete the tutorial and created a better and awesome-looking portal. 
I am concerned about the LED light on a c-stand being seen through the portal in a scene of my short film, but I think rotoscoping it out and replacing it with a still image of that part of the room without the light might work.





I managed to get a piece of vector art done today on Illustrator to function as concept art for my project / proposal. The final film won't be quite as sharp and vivid as seen in the concept art, but it's close enough.


I tried my best efforts to get as much VFX storyboards done as possible, but only to get as many as 18 pages of them done before it got too late.




16/08/2019


Today was an insane day and definitely a race against time to make sure everything was done before 5pm. I aimed to submit my proposal by 4pm. I managed to get a treatment that I believed told the story better than my script and put in some research about influences behind my concept, and so on. But most of the time, I was making an effort to get all the storyboards done and I did get most of them done with the exception of the film's ending, in which I ran out of time to do.

I submitted my proposal in the Y drive dropbox at 4.40pm, with only 20 minutes to spare, so I didn't end up submitting in the time I was aiming for. I was completed exhausted by the end.



18/08/2019


I took things a bit easier after being exhausted from getting the proposal done in time, but today I'm putting together the shot list and referred back to the storyboards, which is the next step in my mind. 

Putting together the shot list made me realise that there much more shots for scenes than I had imagined for this project. It's made me question whether it is possible to shoot this among myself and other students getting projects for other papers.

I do realise that there is still more to do with this shot list...






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

BSA731 - Exhibition 2

Digital Video - Lockdown Week 4

BVA703 Research - Lockdown Week 3