BVA603 - Term break
11/09/2019
I had a chat with Gail Tatham and she offered me an opportunity to help with an exhibition at the Aigantighe Art Gallery, but I turned it down because of my busy schedule with this course. Besides, all it would involve, would have me operating a projector and computer for an audiovisual exhibition she is collaborating with Mike Armstrong. Gail was searching for locals. Otherwise, I would had suggested to her to contact Kathryn since it would seem like a possible opportunity for visual art students at SIT, needing to fulfill their intern hours. However, I assured her there are probably local young people in Timaru and South Canterbury that can be do the job with no issues.
Gail Tatham was my lecturer at the Ara's Timaru campus, she has since retired. She is also a former theater and drama lecturer, but still active in the performing arts community in Timaru. I told her of my experiences studying down at SIT and she was quite impressed. I told her about Rob Sarkies visiting us and talking to the classes for a week, which reminded her that she was one of his lecturers at the University of Otago.
12/09/2019
Being down in Timaru during the term break, I had to attend a class for this paper by distance on Blackboard. The intro was just an overview of what the Think & Report entails, which I was familiar with.
Video 1
- It's useful to collect evidence on purpose
- A formal way of collecting evidence?
- We collect evidence from the public, the people who enter into the event (art exhibition and film festival), and other key stakeholders (potentially those we identified in class a couple of weeks ago).
- Methods of collecting evidence can be behind the scene footage and photos or even surveys through Survey Monkey. Survey of how the community has contributed, the visiting public, and the committees and subcommittees behind organising this event. Don't leave to the last minute.
- 30 page analysis is not expected, but feedback and things you have learned. You may find some of the feedback might be contradictory.
- It's important that you include emails and what you post on Discord into your blog.
- Monitor the quality of the work by others in your subcommittee.
- Doing this report is good practice and experience for when you need to do report writing for a job you may have in the future and learning how to wrestle the bureaucracy in funding your project. It's helps demonstrate your trustworthiness, your skills in planning, documentation, writing, and organisational skills.
- Do you want to collect evidence through quantitative means - by the numbers (of entries, prizes, sponsors, audience numbers, cash raised, comparison with the event in previous years). It can be visually presented. Is this approach for the tasks undertaken by yourself and your subcommittee (in my case, marketing).
- Do you want to collect evidence through qualitative means - surveys, feelings, thoughts from key stakeholders and the event committee. It can give you information in the form of quotes, social media, and can help with marketing (if applied early enough). Feedback concerning your own entries.
- This video is giving me a better idea on what stuff to document in my blog that will make a more effective report on Think and Create event.
- When you apply survey to this event, be sure to have more than one survey since only one survey is not going to give you all the answers or information.
- Evidence that is collected will help and contribute towards measuring this event, the subcommittee and committee, and your or this event level of success.
14/09/2019
I'm back from my break in Timaru and I have been impressed the quality of the work that has been put into marketing while I have been gone. However, it seems like I wasn't needed for any help by distance since Bo assured me that I would be contact or know if they needed me to do something towards marketing while I was in Timaru.
Comments
Post a Comment