BVA603 - Week 10
17/09/2019
Reflecting back on the minutes of the last committee meeting
In the videos that Bo and Luqman have released on social media, it showed me that they are delivering serious and professional content as said in the last committee meeting, and not instead doing humorous silly content for social media in promoting this event.
We have fulfilled goals as suggested in the last committee meeting like putting up the event logo up on as the profile pictures for the event's social media accounts, teaser posts of the event coming soon, starting to promote the event on social media, and retrospective from past winners by interviewing them (which the marketing team has succeed in since).
I guess we will be talking promotional distribution this week in the marketing subcommittee meeting this week, as per suggested in the minutes of the last committee meeting.
Subcommittee meeting minutes
Committee meeting
It was good having a good look at the design that have been done and we made a decision as a class on what design we are going to use for the event.
We also had a chat with Ash on things to keep in mind about using Centrestage for the film festival. We don't have to worry much about what goes on in the theater, but more should direct our focus on thew foyer.
As for marketing, the class were impressed by the efforts made on social media and growing number of page likes (increasing from last year) and the Chair had received positive feedback about the social media progress for the event from Kathryn.
Filming an interview
I helped Bo with filming an interview of a third year visual arts student / past Think and Create winner. I helped by trying to sort out the lighting, which took me a long time to remember how to sort it out and the same happened with sorting out the sound equipment.
Ultimately, I worked on Sound. I made sure that sound levels were correct, which between -6 and -12db (that's the sweet spot) and it was good thing that I brought along my own headphones because I needed them to do my job as sound mixer. What was new to learn for me was figuring out the Mk-50 boom since I'm more familiar with the shotgun boom.


Comments
Post a Comment