BVA603 - Week 11
24/09/2019
Reflection on last weeks' subcommittee minutes
No progress has yet been made on the judges profiles, as far as I know. I double checked Discord and there is a profile on our visual art judge completed and tagged to the marketing team. It looks okay and I have no further comment on the profile. I believe we as a team didn't make as much progress with our marketing since we have been busy with project work. It's interesting to see captions on our videos because I have liked watching movies and shows with captions since I was 7, at least it got me good at spelling in primary school and made me understand movies better at a young age than without captions.
I have to wait and see until tomorrow whether any progress has been made on that Instagram thing that Luqman mentioned to us about last week.
I think it's crucial not to make the posts all about the third year students and so I agree with the motion that work by lower year level students to be teased on social media after we have sorted the entry forms.
In the committee meeting, I put my hand up to help put the posters up around campus, promoting entering works into Think & Create. I asked the committee for an update on the VIPS for Think & Create and apparently had been done so far. Myself and the marketing team were keen to take up that task and Bo looked to me to help provide important people in the political spectrum
We also advised about when it comes to submitting our work, the dialogue must be politically correct and limit profanity. Fine by me since I gave myself a PG-13 rule, in which my films have only have one F-bomb.
VIPS
Tim Shadbolt
mayor@icc.govt.nz
Dr Liz Craig
speak to her office in person
Sarah Dowie
sarah.dowie@parliament.govt.nz
Chris Hipkins (Minster of Education)
chris.hipkins@parliament.govt.nz
Jacinda Ardern (Prime Minster of New Zealand, Minster of Arts, Culture, & Heritage)
jacinda.ardern@parliament.govt.nz
j.ardern@ministers.govt.nz
Chloe Swarbrick (Youngest MP in New Zealand, Greens MP, Greens spokesperson on arts, culture, & heritage)
chloe.swarbrick@greens.org.nz
chloe.swarbrick@parliament.govt.nz
Penny Simmonds (SIT CEO)
Hamish Small (Head of Faculty)
Contacts from Kathryn
Rob Sarkies
Duncan Sarkies
25/09/2019
I popped by Liz Craig's office and they were thrilled to hear about Liz being on the VIP list at this stage and they recommended to invite Mark Patterson to give it political diversity. Mark Patterson is a NZ First List MP, based in Gore and is a staunch support of SIT Telford, and the only NZ First MP based in the South Island. Liz Craig's office were able to give me Mark Patterosn's contact details
Mark Patterson
82 Main Street, Gore
03 208 0803
mark.patterson@parliament.govt.nz
www.nzfirst.org.nz/mark_patterson
29/09/2019
The entry form posters have already been put up by others who put their hand up a few days ago.
I wasn't involved because I wasn't told when we were all going to do it and so there was limited communication on that task between my myself, others, and the marketing team.
The posters look good though.
I have been starting to think about ideas for the subject of my third year research
It involved around the documentary genre because I'm considering doing a documentary for my solo project next year
- How can a letterbox aspect ratio make a documentary cineamtic?
- How can a letterbox aspect ratio bring drama to a documentary?
- How can a letterbox aspect ratio contribute to a documentary being cinematic?
Comments
Post a Comment