Visual Effects Compositing - Week 8


29/08/2019


We spent time this morning getting our head around Maya, which some might be familiar with from last year, especially the animation students, but since I wasn't here last year I was naturally terrified of the software. We used an HDRI photo, which allow you sample lighting from a 360 degree image and apply it to the 3D models or environment that we are putting together on the software.

Even after today, I am still scared of using this software.




For my VFX project, I reckon it would be a safe bet to have someone be a VFX supervisor onset during filming, preferably an animation student. 




04/09/2019


I have found myself on a big road bump on my filming dates for this project, which is Friday 27th of September, Saturday 28th of September, Sunday 29th of September. Those dates will also be the same shooting dates for Oisin's VFX shoot and some third years short film. I may have to negotiate the shooting dates with Oisin.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

BSA731 - Exhibition 2

Digital Video - Lockdown Week 4

BVA703 Research - Lockdown Week 3