BVA603 - Week 13



08/10/2019


Subcommittee meeting 
Bo was late and there was nothing much that needed to be said asides from updating and reminding the committee on the progress myself and Britney have made.

Committee meeting
We talked about the need for a selection committee to decided on what film and animation entries that will be allowed to be screened at Centrestage on opening night. Bex suggested in the selection committee consist of tutors like herself (visual arts), Patrick (film), and Rachel (animation).
Sponsorship has sent letters out to potential sponsors, but have had no response yet, which means myself or Britney have no sponsors to invite yet as VIPs for Think & Create.
Ben is definitely keen and onboard to be a film judge for Think & Create.

Marketing on social media for Think & Create seemed to have died off over the past. Bo said that there had been lack of behind the scenes, movie posters etc from student projects. With this in mind, I will eventually (this week) send a movie poster and behind the scenes photos from my screen arts film for Think & Create social media. I took photos of Bethany holding entry forms and envelopes to post on social media.

Britney brought up about the VIP emails and I assured her that I have as many VIP contacts as possible at this stage. I also brought up to her about contacting sponsors will take time since we don't have any that are confirmed to be onboard.


I have started work on a movie poster of my screen arts film that I have submitted for Think & Create. There's nothing I can post of my other entry because filming hasn't begun yet.



By the end of the day, I managed to complete the poster. However, I'm still not 100 percent convinced that it was good enough to send to Bo yet.





13/10/2019


Today and yesterday I tried to reflect on the previous weeks' minutes, but I just had to trouble processing the information in my head and end up spending an hour staring at a computer screen. I did however manage to complete a new showreel of my work

The new showreel was to try something different in order to market myself, giving a fresh, millennial style and thinking my showreel as an advertisement. I also thought about what Rachel told us in class at the beginning of the semester, which was that the sweet spot for a showreel is 30 seconds and so I made my showreel 30 seconds.



I sent through my Tech Royale poster and BTS photos to Bo. He asked what the film was about and sent me a draft of what would be in the post. I did see his message, but I was busy talking to one of my actors for my BSA231 Digital Filmmaking short film and Bo posted it on social media before I had a chance to reply. If I did have a chance to reply, I would had been fine with Bo to go ahead.

It wasn't until the poster was put up on social media that I noticed a typo on one of the actor's name.




14/10/2019


I had a stressful and exhausting day with organising my BSA231 Digital Filmmaking short film, as well as from my BSA231 class today, and so when I tried to read and reflect on previous minutes, naturally I had a mental block like I did over the weekend. Besides, the Wi-Fi at my SIT Apartments flat isn't strong enough to run Blogger or any cloud type of website.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

BSA731 - Exhibition 2

Digital Video - Lockdown Week 4

BVA703 Research - Lockdown Week 3