Screen Arts - S2 Week 14
16/10/2019
SKG tend to be in the Dreamworks logos to represent the founders of the studio, which are Steven Spielberg, Jeffrey Katzenberg, and David Geffen.
The computer effects in a sequence in Wrath of Khan looked dated and looked like Google Earth in the 2000s.
Blog task: What animation studio do I like and why?
Agnone, F., Polaire, M., Rudin, S., Stone, M., & Parker, T. (2004). Team america: world police [Motion picture] United States: Paramount Pictures
Team America; World Police is a satirical film that can afford to be cringy and still be good and funny. It's hard to think of South Park with the same writing, tones of voices and voice actors from that show. Unlike The Interview, it was able to satirise North Korea and not get North Korea on a literal war path towards America. I read a couple years ago that Kim Jong-ill was a big movie buff and collector, and Team America: World Police was on his watchlist of movies to watch, but didn't get the chance before his death.
It intentionally satires Thunderbirds, Michael Bay films, and post 9/11 America, and has bad puppetry to create laughs. The creator of Thunderbirds reportedly hated this film for being too inappropriate. The social commentary on Hollywood actors' influence towards topical issues has aged well to this day.
The Cats incident described in the film almost echos and foreshadows Kevin Spacey's allegations
Work on presentation
I added notes from blogs to discuss what I had done and what it had resulted in. I also added a 'any questions' slide, added background sound as another one of the techniques of my influential filmmaker, and did some spelling grammar specks on the overall presentation
We are to submit our presentation on either Blackboard or in the Y drive.
18/10/2019
I was feeling unwell today and went to the health nurse at the main campus. She sent an email to Traci just in case I ended up being not well enough to complete the presentation in time of its deadline and also to see if I could potentially get an extension.
22/10/2019
I worked on the final touches of the presentation, which ended up being the APA references, including behind the scene photos into another slide for methods, experiments, and progress, and the conclusion. It was first day back at course after resting up from my recent illness and I was aiming to take things easy and so I focused more on my well being than my course work today on campus.
As a result of taking things easy and recovering, I had quite a thin and brief conclusion, specifically since I struggled to collated conclusion because it all in the results that I had made in this assessment, which were made clear in the previous slides.
I also had submitted the assessment twice onto Blackboard because I forgot to include the signed cover sheet in the first attempt of submission. I also submitted my assessment on the Y drive dropbox just in case, which included the actual video clip that is embedded into the presentation.
Blog task
It's hard to fix on which animation studio that I like by their content. I would say Pixar, but I seemed to be outgrowing their films. But I would say the animation studio that I like would be South Park Studio because their show South Park is timeless and is a great show to satirize and document the world around us of today and because of the low values of production, it manages to be quick and has the opportunity to satirise current events like e-scooters, Donald Trump, #MeToo Movement, climate change, e-cigarettes etc.
It would be interesting if they ever satirise Jacinda Ardern or Greta Thurnberg in the future.
Another reason for liking their content is because their humor remains consistently funny throughout their 20 plus years on air unlike The Simpsons or Family Guy.




FYI, I've searched both my emails and I haven't found anything from the nurse about your being sick or needing an extension. Good thing you didn't need one! If you ever think you'll need one again, apply ASAP to the programme manager because she makes those decisions.
ReplyDelete