Visual Effects Compositing - Week 13
10/10/2019
I spoke with Ruby asking when she would want my rough cut to show to the class. She told me that we will spend an hour on our own projects and then show my rough cut at 10am.
I spent time getting start on my compositing. I tried to mask out the light, but it didn't go according to plan. An alternative that could work I believe would be do a distorted, feathered out mask behind the portal because there's a chance that the portal may not be enough to cover the light stand because my portal can be quite transparent
PJ's film is dependent on how interpret it. It's meant to about an alien stealing a human's identify, but it seemed liked a time loop type of thing going on. The masking of the final shot was so real, I was trying to figure out in my head how it was done.
There's something Lovecraftian about Oisin's film and looks pretty good. The dream monster seems to suggest kalulu
The class like my film and my acting. Watching the film on the big screen made the issues with editing much clearer to me and there was many
The film by Jacqui and her team looks amazing with the CGI character and model included and hard to pinpoint at first. Shadows, sounds and other stuff. The setting made Matura look like Chernobyl. The final shot of the CGI character looks cute.
Caleb's film looks good with its narration and the VFX is so bright, it's hard to hard and there is clearly more to be done. The news graphic were professional looking.
I later did further edits based on the constructive criticism from the class and cut out 30 seconds from the rough cut.
Comments
Post a Comment