Visual Effects Compositing - Week 14



17/10/2019



It's going to be hard to concentrate today because of my shoot tomorrow and in the weekend

I eventually got myself into a state of mind where I could concentrate. I continued on with the compositing. However, I consulted with Ruby and figured out an easier way and cleaner way to import my Premiere project into After Effects, which is simply done by selecting and right clicking the clip in the timeline in Premiere and click Replace with After Effects Composition. Doing this will link that clip with your After Effects project.

Ruby suggested finding a different and less transparent portal, which wasn't an option to me because I already went on that research trip into the internet and this portal was the best that  I could find that didn't needed plug-ins, add-ons, or downloadable packs from the internet.

I don't know how I got to this point, but I made it less transparent and made the white ring glow around the portal. It was so awesome seeing the film with the portal finally added. 

I also removed shots in the edit that would be make the compositioning unnecessarily difficult and started with the easiest shots to composition the portal into. I also added the effects needed for the final shot in the edit where you see a transparent overlay of the portal and an extreme use of the glow effect. The outcome was just as awesome as I had envisioned. 


23/10/2019


I hadn't done much further progress because of my shoot for BSA231 Digital Filmmaking and that I had been unwell. But at this stage, I am confident that I will be able to complete this VFX project in time for the deadline.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

BSA731 - Exhibition 2

Digital Video - Lockdown Week 4

BVA703 Research - Lockdown Week 3