Audio Techniques - Submission day
05/11/2019
I played back the sound mix to see if there is any more room for improvement and if I had missed anything from last night.
I had added more of the fire SFX and had it at the right levels in considering the location of the shots - ground (dim level of volume) and rooftop (medium level of volume). I also discovered another clip of the villager's foley SFX (which would work for the part where they all run) and ringing SFX, which would work for when the massive log of wood lands onto the ground from the rooftop.
James listened to the sound mix. He was satisfied with the outcome, but believed that I should limit the sizzle and fire SFX because it can come off as being noise. So I manipulated more of the volume in those tracks to limit them and only have them clearly heard when the characters are close to fire.
Other than that, James and myself were fine with my sound mix and it's now ready to submit. I just now need to bounce it to a .wav stereo mix
The only hiccup when submitting was that the music file(s) used in my sound mix wouldn't copy over into the dropbox, strangely because I needed permission to do and same happened when I tried to delete the empty music folder in my submission afterwards.
I played back my sound mix to my flatmate and he found it really cringy
Comments
Post a Comment