Audio Techniques - Week 16
29/10/2019
I talked with Luqman telling him if he's had the same problem as I have with ProTools. He told me the reason for the problems with our ProTools files were something to do with them being 5.1 sound, but it had now been sorted. So now I can go ahead and do some sound mixing. It was difficult to keep track on where and when the SFX and Foley was needed to be, especially because we didn't have timecodes in our cue sheets
I also had trouble hearing the mix. I consult with Luqman and realise that I had to one change every single one of the tracks' output. It was quite time-consuming and tedious.
It was an exhausting process going ahead with my sound mix and it's due on Friday. Three days to go. James told us that he will be around if any one of us needed help.
BSA202_2019_Ass2_JerryWestaway_AudioReplacement
Submission requirements (Y drive dropbox)
1 wav stereo mix
ProTools session
Word document acknowledging music
04/11/2019
I came up with a selection of few musical scores from incompetech
Music from https://filmmusic.io
"The Descent" by Kevin MacLeod (https://incompetech.com)
License: CC BY (http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/4.0/)
Music from https://filmmusic.io
"Crossing the Chasm" by Kevin MacLeod (https://incompetech.com)
License: CC BY (http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/4.0/)
Music from https://filmmusic.io
"Hero Down" by Kevin MacLeod (https://incompetech.com)
License: CC BY (http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/4.0/)
Music from https://filmmusic.io
"Five Armies" by Kevin MacLeod (https://incompetech.com)
License: CC BY (http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/4.0/)
It was a tough choice, but ultimately it came down to 'Five Armies' because it was music that was consistently full of action and didn't reverse its pace to express a different mood. I made sure that the right way of acknowledging the royalty free music was put together in a Word document.
I tweaked some of the sounds and double checked on some others. It took me a while to determine where the thumping sound would work. My cue sheet wasn't completely reliable towards this sound mix because we had each different views on what sounds were in this clip.
I initially thought that the thumping sound was for the villagers running towards Mononke and so I tried to EQ the sound, but it didn't seem to make much difference to the sound. I was pretty lost with using this tool, so I ditched this tool in this instance.
Eventually, I figured that it worked best with the impact of the explosion on the roof and the wall behind Mononoke after she lands to the ground.
It was tricky figuring the levels for all the tracks, partly because I had so many and couldn't see them all at once when playing back the video clip and when I did dim down the volume, it didn't make a different on the level. Perhaps the volume doesn't affect the gain. But then why does it does use dbs like it does with gain.
I got as much done as I could
I got as much done as I could
Comments
Post a Comment