Digital Video - Week 1
12/02/2020
We as a class shared our ideas for our solo projects. I tried to explain my idea, but I think my proposal expressed it better. I did have to justify elements of my project to Caleb and Luqman, when they questioned it.
It also turns out I am the only one who aims to make a documentary short film.
The rest of the class are interested in making either dramas or thrillers and they did have complex research concepts behind it.
We will have show something more of our solo project idea for next week, which shouldn't be hard and have it all documented from over the holiday break as I was developing the idea.
I will bring along material from my development in the blogs to class next week.
It would be good to start finding a main subject, but I want to do test footage and interview student before I do that.
Based from Caleb and Luqman's feedback, it made me think further about the purpose of how I'm going to implement aspect ratios
- Is it going to pretty it up or give it meaning?
Blog tasks
It would be good to start finding a main subject, but I want to do test footage and interview student before I do that.
Based from Caleb and Luqman's feedback, it made me think further about the purpose of how I'm going to implement aspect ratios
- Is it going to pretty it up or give it meaning?
Blog tasks
- Logline
- Visual references - mood board (optional)
17/02/2020
Potential Logline:
A millennial's journey to make an effort in making a difference through spreading awareness on climate change in the community.
I have collated Word documents to print out and show for the next class and I will also bring along my proposal.
18/02/2020
Batzias, N., Kaplan, A., & Whitwell, V. (Producers), & Gameau, D. (Director). (2019). 2040 [Motion picture]. Screen Australia; Good Thing Productions.
This film has a similar structure that I have been considering for my documentary and could be a contribution to my project as an influence
A roll - Filmmaker exploring sustainable options / 2040 scenarios
B roll - Children on their thoughts (providing a consensus on their generation)
The testimonials of children seem to be some sort of bridge transition into another angle or element of the documentary's subject
The film has the filmmaker comment how the journey or the subject has affected him, which is something I should think about to apply drama to my documentary
Under the circumstances of the antagonists, it would understandably be difficult to have direct, tangible antagonists and have two sides in this documentary.
It's not like a CEO of Big Oil is going to talk on a documentary like this.
I have 40 minutes left to watch of this 90 minute documentary
Sketches
I would like to try and see if I could do a close up of someone igniting a cigarette and then rotates and match cuts to an industrial funnel.
I also thought having split screen at some point with the interview. One side showing stock footage (whether actual or my own footage of climate change strikes in Invercargill). To make it more effective, shooting in 4:3 for some interview may help, but it will first be determined by the test footage.
These are some sketches I came up while watching 2040. The bottom sketches are rough ones mostly associated with Australian bushfires, even though they will unlikely to be featured in my documentary, it's just examples. The first bottom sketch is a bushfire, the next is a koala being rescued, and the other being deforestation.



Comments
Post a Comment