Project Management - Week 2
18/02/2020
We showed samples of art styles of animation we had in mind for this group project, but I wasn't aware of it. It was likely discussed when I left class early last Thursday and it was mentioned in the minutes collated by Oisin in retrospect.I really liked the premise and look of the PS4 game, Concrete Genie.
Eggman pisses on the moon
Sleeping Betty
This is my alice
The return of the monster
I was completely stumped n what art style of animation I have in mind for group project, but I believe Among the Sleep is close enough and I was also thinking on the lines of the 90's movie, The Pagemaster on how live-action and animation collide.
In Late Afternoon, the lighting changes as the story progressed and so the lighting is affected by the story. This is something to keep in mind and experiment with for my solo project.
La Noira makes me think of Hugo and Margaret Keene paintings. It has extremely high standard character design, animation, and textures. It also looks like a mixture of steampunk, Lovecraftian horror, and Tim Burton style of Gothic.
We spent the afternoon discussing the film production roles and who would be most suitable. I got myself a production role and a post-production role.
Caleb believes that the sound mixer must be competent and I was the only film student on the list of names for sound mixer.
Development / Pre-production roles
Writers - Luqman Fatahillah, Corrie
Production Designer - Oisin O'Connell
Concept artists - Most animation students
Director - Caleb Moody
Producers - Oisin O'Connell, Fabriana Putri
DOP - Luqman Fatahillah
1st AD - Tyler Baikie
2nd AD - Jay
Gaffer - Ash Bartlett?
Best person - Bethany
Unit (Catering) - Devon
Art Director - Saemi
Production Co-ordinator - Oisin O'Connell
Sound Mixer - Jerry Westaway (me)
Boom Operator - Kyle Anderson
Post-production roles
Editor - Jerry Westaway (me)
VFX Supervisor - Kang
Colorist - Luqman
Digital marketing - Fab
I did offer myself to marketing (BTS), but ultimately I believe that I wouldn't be able to do that role and be the editor at the same time.
I also may need to practice with using the Zoom before the shoot for my role as sound mixer on-set.
The next step for the group project is for the writers to put together a treatment and if possible, a first draft screenplay for when Duncan Sarkies comes here in a couple of weeks.
20/02/2020
I have now signed a non-disclosure agreement and so things documented on here will be limited. I can document my progress, but just as long I don't name names or insert images of content created for the film by me or others in the group without written permission of the producers (Oisin or Fabriana) e.g. story, characters, concept art, storyboards, treatment etc.It's hard for me to figure out what to document in my blog posts for this class
I did contribute to the class today by creating a concept drawing.
Comments
Post a Comment