Project Management - Week 4



03/03/2020

I spent time today working on BTS. I shot the class doing concept art, having inductions, random objects around the class, and most of the daily meeting. I used an X200,, but it may end needing to be returned to Chris earlier if a tutor needs it for a class. I did think about using a shotgun mic to record sound and connect it to the X200. 

I consulted with Chris about how to fit the shotgun mic on the camera and the conclusion we came to was to tape around it with a lot of gaffer tape, which worked! From there, I was able to shoot the X200 with the shotgun mic, but the cables were a pain!

I ingested the footage and played back to see if there was any difference in sound quality or noise between the camera's internal mic or the connect shotgun mic. There was no clear difference. As a result, I will likely not need the shotgun mic.

After reading a draft of the screenplay, I made no comment for feedback.

3 hours and 55 minutes of time spent today
20 minutes - Backing up BTS footage
23 minutes 46 seconds - BTS ingesting
31 minutes 7 seconds - Gaffer tape, testing shotgun mic, and packing up
12 minutes 53 seconds - Ingesting BTS footage
1 hour - Meeting
14 minutes 9 seconds - Meeting
20 minutes 6 seconds - Filming BTS
53 minutes 16 seconds Filming BTS


04/03/2020

I discovered as my role as editor, I will giving creative input on the animatics and overlooking the storyboards. I will be following the animatics when editing the animation sequences for the film.



05/03/2020

I did do BTS today, but mainly of the photo shoot of people in the class individually.  Doing the BTS of the photo shoot was a good exercise in getting the right aperture for the camera to see the lit up studio and the dark part of the studio where the photographer is. 
I got enough footage by being there for the first two groups of individuals. 
We forgot to do a group photo shoot, but that will be next week instead.

3 hours and 15 minutes of time spent today
10 minutes - Setting up equipment
30 minutes - BTS filming
40 minutes - Ingesting BTS footage
20 minutes - Backing up BTS footage
1 hour 35 minutes - Meeting



09/03/2020

I had to return some of my film gear to Chris because Patrick needed the X200 for his class and there was equipment that I ended up not needing. I kept the sound kit just in case and got the EX1 camera out in the X200's place for shooting BTS.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

BSA731 - Exhibition 2

Digital Video - Lockdown Week 4

BVA703 Research - Lockdown Week 3