Project Management - Week 5



10/03/2020


I did a bit more BTS footage today of people working on their content for the short film. I started the EX1. The EX1 couldn't get any sound, but it's not something to worry about since BTS has the least priority in the bigger picture of the production. 

The storyboards are underway and I will keep in contact with concerning the animatics. I may have her edit the BTS if worse comes to worse with the workload while the editing the actual film, plus I would need the interviews shot before I go ahead with the editing the BTS. 

We didn't end up having the group photo shoot today because Gayle was off sick today and so it has been postponed to the next class on Thursday.

I wasn't able to ingest the footage from today because there was no way to do it without a card reader or USB cable. I should let Chris know.

2 hours 30 mins spent today
20 minutes - Setting up BTS camera
9.5 minutes - Filming BTS
25 minutes - Filming BTS
5 minutes - Filming BTS
1 hour and 2 minutes - Meeting
18 minutes - Filming BTS
10 minutes - Packing away camera


11/03/2020

10 minutes - consulting with Chris

I spoke with Chris about the sound issues on the EX1, which concerned him and got me a USB cable to ingest the footage off the camera. Chris also suggested that I switch the EX1 for the Urusa because it's more reliable and is barely used in the first semester.


12/03/2020 

I came in shortly before class started, but Chris was in the equipment room and asked him to wait a little longer while I ingest the footage from the EX1 with the USB cable and re-format the camera's memory before returning the camera and getting the Urusa.

I informed Oisin that I was getting a run through with Chris if he was looking for me. Chris gave me a good run through of the Urusa. I had a handle attachment for the Urusa that I was going to use, but I could never find a position that I was comfortable with for filming.

I shot a good amount of footage with the Urusa, but I got tired and needed a bit of a break. Unfortunately, the storyboard artist was doing a presentation while I was having a break from BTS. I filmed some of them together talking about the storyboards though for a while.

I was concerned about transporting and securing the Urusa, and so I spoke to Fabri about it. She told me that she believes that I have already done more than enough BTS footage of pre-production. I also spoke to Oisin about it and told me to only do pre-production BTS if something big happens.


2 hours and 40 minutes spent day
16 minutes - Ingesting footage
26 minutes - Switching gear with Chris
40 minutes - Setting up gear and filming BTS
17 minutes - Filming BTS
16 minutes - Group photo shoot
42 minutes - Meeting



13/03/2020



20 minutes of time spent on a meeting today

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

BSA731 - Exhibition 2

Digital Video - Lockdown Week 4

BVA703 Research - Lockdown Week 3