Project Management - Week 6



17/03/2020

2 hours and 34 minutes of time spent today
10 minutes - brainstorming workflow
5 minutes - talking with Ramya
1 hour and six minutes - meeting
1 hour and 13 minutes - developing workflow

I didn't have anything to do this morning, so I was advised to start organizing a workflow and discuss it with Rayma. I got a start on it and spoke with Rayma. I was considering having a file naming structure organised and I thought about having DIT on set during filming, so that footage and location sound can ingested as filming happens. Rayma wouldn't be able to do because she will be 1st AC and I will be either the sound recordist or doing BTS.

I brought up about the DIT role in the general business part of the meeting and I was later advised to consider the pros and cons of being the DIT instead of sound recordist or BTS during production, as well as consult with Kang about the editing workflow. Caleb also insisted we read the new final draft.

I spoke to Kang and we discussed about potential ways about doing it and it was quite helpful in developing it further. I was doing to do it in the same website that Fabri did it, but I couldn't access and so I just went ahead with it using a software that I was familiar with in design, which InDesign. I managed to get a good start on, I just need to do more and add boxes around the text.




19/03/2020

20 minutes - Meeting
1 hour - Developing workflow

My concern about developing the workflow on InDesign is that if I'm still working on it if SIT closes in the next few days, I'm going to be in a rough situation since I cant afford my own Adobe software and my laptop isn't powerful to run it. I would then have to redesign in that time on another software at home

Concerning the effect COV-19 will have on our project will be interesting, especially working from home and how we are going to do the animatics.

I have done as much as I can so far for structure an editing flowchart. I did try add boxes around them, but that would seem unnecessary and too time-consuming because I would have to make room them. I'll see what the others say when I put it up on Discord for feedback and if there's room for improvement




--------------------------------------------------


Oisin was happy with the result and asked me to do some BTS for the next meeting, which I can do since Chris told me that I can get out the Ursa whenever I want since no one hires it out at this time of year. The question will be if Chris will end up self-isolating next week and whether I can store it oncampus.



20/03/2020

I have been thinking about the potential of Ramya being a second opinion on the editing (assembly edit, rough cut, final cut) when it happens, to be an outside voice to get feedback from, aside from myself or Caleb.


I went back into the workflow document on InDesign to fix a spelling error and to add a title onto the document. It only took me a couple of minutes.





I emailed Chris about issuing out the Ursa for Tuesday, as well as one of the editing suites to ingest BTS footage and to store the the Ursa overnight. Saving me from spending money on a taxi or trying to track down someone to help me get the camera to and from the campus


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

BSA731 - Exhibition 2

Digital Video - Lockdown Week 4

BVA703 Research - Lockdown Week 3