Digital Video - Lockdown Week 5


23/04/2020

I took another look at my presentation to try and shorten the presentation more, it's not an easy task because even though James told me that it should 5 - 7 minutes long or 10 minutes maximum, it is a big ask with including every aspect that is requested in the course outline.

I trimmed down the presentation to its essence the best I could and rearranged my mood board. 
I removed slides that seemed irrelevant compared to others like the background research slides. 
I added images to the creative decisions to give a visual idea of what I have in mind


https://teara.govt.nz/en/photograph/4630/cordgrass-new-river-estuary





https://www.stuff.co.nz/timaru-herald/life/109715905/otipua-wetland-restoration-work-continues





These images made me come up with a new idea for my documentary, where some B-roll could potentially be of community projects tidying and keeping the environment clean. 
Liz Craig and Sarah spoke of that kind of project when I interviewed them last for cinematography, but going ahead with this idea will depend on the aftermath of COVID-19

The images are of work done and activities at the Otipua Wetlands in Timaru.


https://rotarytimnth.nz/stories/otipua-wetlands-native-tree-planting







https://www.stuff.co.nz/timaru-herald/life/109715905/otipua-wetland-restoration-work-continues



https://www.tripadvisor.co.nz/Attraction_Review-g311327-d7697820-Reviews-Otipua_Wetland-Timaru_Canterbury_Region_South_Island.html





Mood board
The new mood board was a mix of naturalistic and vibrant images that I had already collected, as well as snapshots from 2040. 2040 seemed to suit the vibrant look that I have in mind.





27/04/2020


I emailed James clarifying whether I had missed out on any information that I needed to know and how and when we will be doing our online class. He replied back informing me that we will be having one-on-one voice chat sessions through Discord on Wednesday afternoon for the class. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

BSA731 - Exhibition 2

Digital Video - Lockdown Week 4

BVA703 Research - Lockdown Week 3