Project Management - Lockdown Weeks 1 & 2



04/04/2020

I haven't spent much time on this paper since lockdown because of the project's uncertain future due to COVID-19, minimal tasks for me to do for the group project during this time, spending time adjusting to working from home, and I have been focusing more on my other papers.

All I have to do for the group project during this time is read the most recent final draft, read the new storyboards, and make a list of pros and cons on needing a D.I.T (Digital Image Technician) on set if live action filming goes ahead. With the time I have and the other papers having more urgent tasks, I felt there was no rush to commence with my tasks for this paper.

I enjoyed reading the storyboards that Bethany drew up and it gave me a better understanding of the story, since I had trouble focusing when reading the screenplay on my own. I clocked time spent on reading the storyboards with Clockify.

I also gave Bethany feedback on Discord


I manage to do some brainstorming on the pros and cons, but I was surprised by there being more cons than pros (two times more cons than pros)

DIT Pros

  • Saving time after shooting
  • Efficiency
  • Makes the Assistant Editor's job easier


DIT Cons

  • Potential waste of time and resources
  • Considerations to make space needed to do ingesting - Video Village
  • DIT's computer might have problems e.g. freeze, get corrupted, or crash
  • Considered a 'luxury'
  • Potentially hold up the shoot and the DOP's time
  • Hard drives needed may likely have an effect on the budget



21 minutes of time spent
Writing up pros and cons on having a DIT - 10 minutes
Reading storyboards - 11 minutes

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

BSA731 - Exhibition 2

Digital Video - Lockdown Week 4

BVA703 Research - Lockdown Week 3