Digital Video - Week 11
27/05/2020
I doubled checked my synopsis and made some very minor changes to how it was written, but ultimately I was happy and didn't add anymore to the synopsis because I didn't say too much about what may happen in my documentary. I'm still satisfied with the current state of the final draft AV script, and so it is all ready to be submitted.
I went for a little look around Google Maps to do more potential B-roll and came across a road near Avenal that grabbed my attention. It seems perfect for my documentary it's an industrial part of Invercargill and is still left to be developed and is where rural and urban aesthetics collide.
The question will be whether the City Council will object to me filming on the street, filming the road like they were about Herbert Street. Filming B-roll won't have much health and safety concern post-covid-19 because it would be a skeleton crew. I would just someone to help me with the camera and someone to record sound.
I took another read at the documents informing the appropriate practice in working with children for filming. A lot of just constitutes scenarios and guidelines for child actors more than it would be for them being interview or involved in a documentary, plus one of the resources has been removed from the internet since I last read it, which was a individual performance agreement from 2013.
I should still be fine, but I'm still going to try and consult with my tutors and other students from my class for advice.
I reckon my filming in a traditional sense will be effectively short because the only outside filming I would need to do would be the B-roll and the main subject and the treat of covid-19 could be at a little to zero risk to health and safety. The rest would be stock footage and images, and footage and images from the climate strikes.
However, health and safety will still be a priority in light of covid-19 and could be enforced if it gave a mutual peace of mind to the main subject and the film crew.
Aspect ratio will make everything equally authentic in the documentary
I have also discovered that you are required to register with ScreenSafe to moderate covid-19-related health and safety for NZ film productions.

Comments
Post a Comment