Digital Video - Week 13
14/06/2020
I really liked the sun beaming into a business seminar room at the downtown campus and the room reminded me of a classroom from my high school. It made think maybe I should do B-roll in this room at one point and then I thought what about I film B-roll in this room right now while the iron is hot, while the sun is still beaming through the room like this and get the Ursa.
At first, I shot it on desk whee it would stationary because I didn't have the tripod with me and then I did it handheld. I almost shot it all twice because I forgot to update the white balance, which was crucial to show its tungsten colour and not rely i on all on post-production since from my experience, you can't always rely on post-production when it comes to white balance because the software bases its information from what was filmed.
Intial footage
Tungsten colour balance footage
It made me think what if tungsten colours could work to the overall tone of the documentary. To give a creative and inspiring look of an afternoon since a lot of teenagers social lives tend to be around after school.
I have finally come up with an artistic intention for my documentary. It also may seem deeply philosophical and personal.
Warm tungsten colours expressing freedom and hope.
Freedom; expressing the time of day being after school and free to do what you like
Hope; tomorrow will be better and the movement's objective is make sure will be a tomorrow to start with
Nostalgia involved with this artistic intention being that a few of my early memories in life is of my bedroom with the sun beaming through with tungsten colours from the sun
I believe I have an unconscious connection to my BSA231 genre sequence (which full of tungsten colours) and a desire for a visually less depressing story.
New mood board images
https://fee.org/articles/which-is-more-important-political-freedom-or-economic-freedom/
https://www.toledoeastminster.org/index.php/2019/10/03/sermon-series-what-is-freedom-galatians/
https://www.goalcast.com/2017/08/03/3-essential-strategies-for-achieving-financial-freedom/
http://www.dulwichdivorcee.com/how-much-freedom-should-teenagers-have/
https://www.deviantart.com/tomtc/art/Underneath-The-Rusty-Factory-785836194
https://www.deviantart.com/ennil/art/It-s-all-green-62027273
https://www.deviantart.com/blache123/art/Green-33443924
https://www.deviantart.com/moronaromadesign/art/green-59831690
Potential interview lighting setups
I just need to figure how to achieve a similar look and consult with some filmies. There might be relevant information that I look into as part of my research in achieving a similar look
I may end up replacing a naturalistic tone for tungsten, warm colours.
'https://neilvn.com/tangents/gelling-flash-for-incandescent-light/
http://fity.club/lists/22/tungsten-light-photography/
Potentially good for interviews to do with covid-19 (dark night of the soul)
https://neilvn.com/tangents/flash-photography-techniques/using-video-lights/
Potentially good for interviews to do with covid-19 (dark night of the soul)
15/06/2020
While compiling a mood board, I looked on Pexels for more images.
https://www.pexels.com/photo/man-standing-in-the-middle-of-road-1553783/
https://www.pexels.com/photo/beach-blur-clouds-dawn-462030/
https://www.pexels.com/photo/silhouette-of-a-woman-3953269/
https://www.pexels.com/photo/abandoned-forest-industry-nature-34950/
New mood boards








































Comments
Post a Comment