Digital Video - S2 Week 1


07/07/2020

My project is finally getting at least some traction...

I got in contact with the local youth council and they seemed interested. They will bring it up in their next meeting to see if anyone of them are interested, which won't be until the 22nd of July.
I followed up with Ashleigh because I haven't heard back from her concerning my email. She will look at her email later on.

We critiqued each other's exhibit downstairs. James thought the editing with stock footage was good, but the same couldn't be said about the B-roll tests because that video is compilation. James constructively suggested that I should had aspect ratios applied into the B-roll tests, but I was more focused on the colour grading than anything when it came to that video.
Tyler encouraged to be creative with my aspect ratios. He is also fine with being the Gaffer for my documentary and I may do the same for his short film.

James took a look at a draft of my director's manifesto. He's satisfied, but reminded me to do APA referencing on it.


09/07/2020

I heard back from the ICC Youth Council again, but this time they are now rejecting the offer to be involved in my documentary because they are not allowed to officially speak about the local climate strike movement in their council position.

I heard back from my main subject for the documentary (Ashleigh) and see's available only on the second day of the shoot (9th of August). She is fine with anywhere, so it could possibly be on campus. I took a walk around the Downtown campus to search a for a good location for shooting her segments in the documentary. In most cases and depending on the final choice of location, it may need a good deal of production design.

Locations considering
Upstage
Business seminar room (classroom from tungsten b-roll tests)

Potential locations
Business classroom next to The Hive
The old stop motion classroom

I could also shoot the other business classroom and the 'Fish Bowl' to represent high school classrooms. I may also ask Ashleigh if see could bring her laptop along (if she has one)

Upstage would used to shoot the 'dark night of the soul' segment of the documentary and the business seminar room would be used to shoot the rest of her part in the documentary.

I tried using Sceneorize to organise my pre-production, but because my documentary hasn't really have a proper script, I decided to not worry about Sceneorize.


13/07/2020

I decided to contact the people at Miharo to see I could shoot Ashleigh's interview in their building because they are household kitchen there and I could use that as that as the background. It would look like it was at Ashleigh's home and no one would be the wiser.

I have also been plowing ahead in getting my pre-production done. I have a lot left to complete like my risk assessment, camera and lighting schematics, APA referencing for my director's manifesto, one-line scheduling, shooting schedule, and call sheets.

I managed to complete my storyboards and draft scheduling today, but I will need to work through my breakdown this afternoon and tonight

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

BSA731 - Exhibition 2

Digital Video - Lockdown Week 4

BVA703 Research - Lockdown Week 3