Digital Video - S2 Week 2
14/07/2020
I managed to complete my breakdown late last night, as well as my call sheets and scheduling this afternoon. I was unable to get the right dates in my scheduling or call sheets because Celtx wouldn't let me include weekends to shoot. It has been an interesting experience organising my pre-production through Celtx through. I had a new script done earlier of stuff I would be shooting in August to start with.
I will need to take another location scout at Queenspark to find exact spots for shooting before applying for consent from ICC Parks and Reserves.
I talked to Luqman and Oisin about if they were interested to be my sound recordist, but they were uncertain whether they would available despite our filming calendar and it was big maybes from them. Oisin is unfamiliar with the lapel mics, so I may approach Doug about getting an audio student to be my sound recordist instead.
I have also come to the decision to shoot interview from members of the public on the streets and students at the main campus as part of my documentary to help with it not being biased.
I consulted with James about whether I would need to still ask Nathan Gills at the City Council for consent and he suggested that I still should.
I also asked Tyler if he was available to do some lighting tests for my documentary, but he wasn't. We decided to do it next Thursday morning and I was able to book the green screen room for the lighting tests.
I came across some first year film students super keen to be involved with my documentary. I might have Leigh to assist during the street interviews and Thomas to assist me with the URSA when switching between the tripod mount and shoulder mount.
15/07/2020
I worked on my camera and lighting schematics and location maps this morning towards completing my pre-production paperwork that is due this afternoon.
I have managed to get equipment booked for the lighting tests and have sent an email to Doug Heath to see if any audio production students would be keen to work on my documentary as a sound recordist.
By the end of the day, I managed to get my pre-production paperwork ready for submission, after spending the afternoon completing my filming location maps, camera and lighting schematics, and APA referencing my director's manifesto.
I also drafted a few interview questions for environmental management students tonight.
16/07/2020
I wrote a few emails to people like Robert Guyton (Environment Southland councilor) and Ashleigh concerning the documentary. I asked if Guyton interested in being interviewed for my documentary and asked Ashleigh if she was fine with having B-roll of her shot on campus and at Queenspark. I really need to scout Queenspark and the New River Estuary again, but the weather was been too cold and wet to do it the right way
I also drafted another few interview questions for members of the public
I couldn't find any email or contact details of SIT's Environmental management tutors or programme manager, so I went straight to the source. I visited their building on Tay Street and spoke to the programme manager. The programme manager was very supportive about my documentary and will post an announcement to see if any environmental students are keen to be involved.
When I got back to the Downtown campus, Guyton had already sent back a reply. He is interested n being involved, but asked me where and what time would the interview be. At that moment, I'm quit stumped on where to do his interview since I am running out places to film on campus, there's nothing that comes to mind when it comes to the main campus, and shooting outside can be unpredictable and there would be a chance that I would have to shoot the interview inside anyway. I need some time to think about this...
19/07/2020
Queenspark location scouting
I was considering these spots fr the these, but the downside would be the traffic noise in the background from Kelvin Street.
I did like this spot, but for at least a metre, the ground is unstable and is a likely risk for the tripod to lose balance and potentially damage the camera.
I have deiced not to do this sot now all the leaves are gone because it's now a different season and I had not expected the impact of covid-19 at the time of selecting the shot
I found a more peaceful spot that looked very natural with no sign of the golf course in the background. It also made me realise that I will need tarps for the crew, as well as for the shot where Ashleigh sits. These peaceful spots is situated in the path between the centre of the park and the entrance on Queens Drive's north side entrance.
Just across from there would be for this shot.
When considering toilets is a downside since they are not conveniently close by and the closest is at a children's playground.
I consulted ICC Parks and Reserves about whether the closest parking would be accessible on a Sunday afternoon, which turns out it will be. The parking at Queens Drive's north side would be the backup parking if there are no vacant parks in the closest parking.
Might be good to have someone on he shoot like a first year film student that will look after the equipment
I may discuss with Ashleigh about shooting on an extra day in the event that it rains on the shoot day
20/07/2020
I worked on the Booking form for Parks and Reserves for a while. I also completed a version of a map of Queenspark where it indicates where I would be shooting at the park and the car parks and toilets that would be used.
I'm still trying to figure out where to shoot Guyton's interview. I might just tell him to come to the downtown campus at 1pm on that day for now.
Comments
Post a Comment