Digital Video - S2 Week 4


29/07/2020

I have a badly sprained ankle after lifting the redhead kit Monday morning and a week of pains in my left ankle. This may have an effect on production.

I have decided to go ahead with filming the documentary next weekend and just not lift any equipment and leave it to the rest of the crew to do it for me. I have come to the realization that I may not do the filming at Queenspark or on the streets anytime soon sand will need to be postponed. The reasoning behind postponing is because I would be on my feet all the time shooting on the streets and at Queenspark, which I can't afford to do with my current injury. 
It's going to be a challenge working around other solo film projects as well.

In the camera department, I will also may have to have a handheld camera operator onboard in my place or have all shots on a tripod. Having a monitor will now be a must. I will still consult with James about all this.

I tried to contact Parks and Reserves today because I submitted a week ago and still haven't heard anything back, so I thought I would just follow up. There was no one ringing them, which may not matter much because of my situation. I have also spent this afternoon updating my documentation.


30/07/2020

I heard back from Parks and Reserves and it sound like my application has been approved, but I am required to provide them with a location release form. I'm still deciding whether to do this or inform them to cancel the booking.


03/08/2020

I got a location release form signed off for filming at Queens Park and I intend to do the same with Miharo. I emailed Mandy at Miharo with the times of the shoot there for Sunday and I couldn't visit the place for a last minute location scout today because it was closed. We'll see if it's open tomorrow.

I emailed Nathan Gill from the City Council to see if I can film the vox pops on the streets next Wednesday. I emailed him a second time with the same email message because I made a mistake with the date included. 

I was able to get the FS5 booked for then as well from SIT Pro. Nick at SIT Pro suggested a mic that they usually have better suited for vox pops, but he couldn't find it.

The weather prediction for Sunday is currently not good for shooting at Queens Park. They reckon it will be raining that day. Saturday won't matter since the shooting that day will be all indoors and oncampus.

I sent an email to Kathryn asking for access to the seminar room and Upstage for filming my documentary this weekend. I have also spent the afternoon updating my call sheets and shot list. 

I followed up with Rhys and Bradley, and they are still keen to be involved with the weekend shoot. Rhys will be the boom operator, best boy, and a grip, whereas Bradley will be the first assistant camera (helping me with organising the camera) and a grip.

I asked Gayle if the drawing room has any rectangular cardboard lying around, preferably white. She reckons it's likely there will be some lying around and will look into it.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

BSA731 - Exhibition 2

Digital Video - Lockdown Week 4

BVA703 Research - Lockdown Week 3