Project Management - S2 Week 4


31/07/2020

1 hour - last minute edits
40 minutes - Collating end credits
30 minutes - colour grading
10 minutes - rendering backup and final cuts

I spent the morning getting the end credits and a half-arsed effort done on the colour grade since the footage shot on Sony cameras weren't compatible with Resolve and so I ended up grading it on Premiere, focusing on shots that needed grading the most; the CentreStage footage and Liam's interview. I did have time to improve the grade, but my mind was worn out by then and needed to relax.
I wasn't sure whether to give the copyright to my own production company, Freelance Director Films or the group. Since it was part of the group project, I gave the copyright to the group project company, Jetpack Kakapo.

The featurette ended up being 11 minutes long. Over two times longer than the short film.

The private screening went well. There was a very positive response from both the film and my BTS featurette. The audience laughed, awed, and were engaged to the featurette that I had made. I received many positive comments about my efforts in person after the screening.
One audience member commented to me how I chose a good and diverse selection of music, and another commented that my BTS featurette made for an engaging story that pays great respect to the animators and their efforts.
I'm also glad to see me credited as co-editor and for behind the scenes.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

BSA731 - Exhibition 2

Digital Video - Lockdown Week 4

BVA703 Research - Lockdown Week 3