BVA703 Research - S2 Week 10
18/09/2020
I was able to get some advice from Kathryn concerning my dissertation, but we ran out of time and decided to meet again next time to continue our discussion.
21/09/2020
'Tell me about yourself' question - answer with three points about your passions
23/09/2020
I spent the morning working on my dissertation in consideration of the feedback from Kathryn.
I organised a time and place to do a test screening because I have been having a serious creative block concerning my editing after trying to work on my editing and getting overwhelmed as a result. It will be in the Boom Room on Monday afternoon.
Zaentz, P., Mekash, E. K., Popa, T., Eyrich, L., Kovtun, E., Nenninger, T., & Stelwagen, S. (Producers). (2020). Ratched [Television series]. Netflix.
Themes - sexuality, morality, macabre
I binged watched the new Netflix series, Ratched over the weekend. The characterization and events were strongly written enough to be engaging and have consistent, complex characters, and make you compelled to watch each episode, but was ultimately flawed in the overall writing with numerous plot holes.
Showrunner Ryan Murphy had a chance to have an original take on the infamous cinema villian from One Flew Over the Cukoo's Nest, Nurse Ratched, but instead carried over his aesethic and visual style from American Horror Story (especially from the second season) in a way where it seemed more like a new season of American Horror Story than something stand-alone. Murphy's choice of doing this made it look self-indulgent. However if it was a season of American Horror Story, it would be the best season I have seen in a long time.

Comments
Post a Comment