BVA703 Research - S2 Week 9

14/09/2020

Robert Half (n.d.). Common interview questionshttps://www.roberthalf.co.nz/career-advice/interview/common-questions

Beyond Reruitment (n.d.). The best interview questions for employers. https://www.beyondrecruitment.co.nz/employers/employers-tools-and-resources/the-best-interview-questions-for-employers

Seek NZ. (n.d.). Common interview questions and how to answer themhttps://www.seek.co.nz/career-advice/common-interview-questions-and-how-to-answer-them

4 general questions

What attracted you to our company

Where do you see yourself in five years

What can you do for our company

Why do you want to work in this industry

4 behavioral questions

What are your strengths and weaknesses?

What have you learned from your past experience and education?

If you were hired, what is the first thing you would address?

How would handle a 24 hour deadline for a project?


Job for mock interview

Visual Content Creator - Central Otago District Council

Seek NZ. (n.d.). Visual content creator. https://www.seek.co.nz/job/50457141?type=standout#searchRequestToken=289c39ec-041e-42ca-b16f-af51bc0c5579

Junior Video Editor - Newshub

Seek NZ. (n.d.). Junior video editorSeek NZ. https://www.seek.co.nz/job/50585377?type=standout#searchRequestToken=196125c7-fbfc-4920-977b-ba73940f7248


I received feedback on my project in my critique today. Kathryn believes that my weaknesses and complications that I have encountered for this project works more as strengths. Since I have completed a major part of my project, Kyle reckons I should be fine here on in.


15/09/2020

James got around to view my rough cut. He believes it needs a massive overhaul and that the documentary is in its current shape doesn't make any sense. He is opposed the two-sided content and felt it was contradictory to each other. James also didn't think a lot of the B-roll cutaway had much relation to the subject.
James suggested different editing techniques like J-cuts. Some of the things he suggested to the editing sounds good, but the rest would strip out my vision for this documentary. 
I decided to look it again tomorrow with a fresh mind.

I still had not heard back from David Russell about using his images of the local school climate strike from September last year. I googled him and found his website. It turns out that he's a local professional photographer. I emailed them and he's fine with me using his images.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

BSA731 - Exhibition 2

Digital Video - Lockdown Week 4

BVA703 Research - Lockdown Week 3