Digital Video - S2 Term break

08/09/2020

I spent the day working on the paperwork for Parks and Reserves, but got overwhelmed and stressed along the way. I tried taking it one at a time, but it didn't make much difference with my stress and had trouble processing it in my mind. I tried to review the current progress of my documentary, but got more overwhelmed with the through of all the other things I also have to do towards my edit.

However, I did get my supporting documents done for my paperwork - shotlists and shooting maps.


09/08/2020

I worked on the paperwork again, but from home this time and had no issues like yesterday. I still need to go on campus to get a PDF exported of my Queens Park shot list. I managed to sent an email to the right person at Environment Southland about approval filming the estuary as required for the booking application for Parks and Reserves.

I got the Queens Park shot list sorted into a PDF and triple-checked all the supporting documents that were ready to be sent to Parks and Reserves. I then obviously sent them all to Parks and Reserves via email. 

I heard back from the harbormaster at Environment Southland and he's fine with my filming at the New River Estuary and Stead Street Reserve. I also emailed the local YMCA to see if they are fine with me filming in front of their Leven Street site (the former railway station). I included a location release form for them in the email to sign. They replied back stating they have forwarded the request to their management team and I should be hearing from them soon.


Kinberg, S., Rosenfelt, K., & Donner, L. S. (Producers), & Boone, J. (Director). (2020). The new mutants [Motion picture]. Twentieth Century Studios

Maisie Williams, Anya Taylor-Joy, Charlie Heaton, Henry Zaga, and Blu Hunt in The New Mutants (2020)

I went to see The New Mutants at Reading Cinemas this evening. I found it to be the first X-Men film that I enjoyed watching in a long time (Deadpool doesn't count). I didn't find it as scary or psychological as the marketing suggested and the scariest thing in the film was the Slenderman-looking guys that appear for only a few minutes. The film surpass my expectations with characterizations, however it could had benefited from a little more depth. 

I enjoyed the film so much that I wish it went on for longer. It was definitely worth the wait of the film being delayed for release in the past two years.

What I think what made this film special is that (to the knowledge) is this film's LGBT representation. It features the main antagonist in a gay relationship and I cannot recall the last time a Marvel film did that. 


10/09/2020


I heard from the general manager of the local YMCA. He will allow me to filmed in front of their Leven Street site and for me to contact him if there's any issues. He also sent me a signed location release form.

I received the FS5 and tripod from SIT Pro this afternoon for the street B-roll shoot this weekend.


12/09/2020

The weather was fine to shoot in today. I managed to shoot the urban street B-roll quicker than scheduled and was completed way ahead of schedule. The footage on Sprey Street isn't quite level. I did what I could, but that was the best outcome I could get even with the tripod leveled. The shoot at the old railway station had more shots done than any other shooting location for today.





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

BSA731 - Exhibition 2

Digital Video - Lockdown Week 4

BVA703 Research - Lockdown Week 3