BVA703 Research - S2 Week 12
02/10/2020
I worked on developing my dissertation in response to Kathryn's feedback like improving the grammar and attempt at a project-specific example in my abstract. Still need 1,000 more words fill in for my dissertation.
List of ways on how I came to my outcomes in attempt to articulate my methodology. I just need advice on Kathryn on how to expand that.
- Organised an time with my interview subject and filmed the interview
- Did some research through a diverse range of online newspaper and magazine articles, including, but not limited to those industry-related to film, and the media in New Zealand and internationally.
04/10/2020
Busy weekend doing BTS photography. It was a really cramped space, but I still had a good time away from worrying about my own project. Jacqui really appreciated my contribution. It was an interesting change of pace of capturing film production with still photography, rather than moving image, which made it challenging since I couldn't capture things as effective as with moving image. It was also the fact that I was out of practice with DSLR photography after two years away from that.
I improved with using the DSLR on the Saturday shoot since I knew by then how to find the sweet spots when focusing on the Canon DSLR. I must say, it was a lot easier and reliable than a Nikon DSLR.
I spent some time today post-processing the images on Camera Raw. It was also to see how the images came out in terms of the focusing. The images on the Friday night shoot were more likely to be out of focus and grainy.
06/10/2020
I was feeling overwhelmed with my project today and was thinking about leaving my editing as is and moving onto my sound mixing and colour grading, but I have organized a time with James to have a one-on-session on editing techniques that may prove beneficial to my project.
Oisin and Luqman showed us their current progress with editing their projects. I found them both to be in good shape. I couldn't really find particular things wrong or needs improvement in their edits.
08/10/2020
Very productive day. I started working on ideas for a movie poster of my documentary after feeling compelled to with Think and Create coming up. I drew a couple of sketches last night and brought them to life today on InDesign with many variables. They all look very exciting.
I used the Cabin Sketch font, which gives a millennial and grassroots look. It was also the font I was required to use for designing posters for the NZUSA a few years ago (New Zealand Union of Student Associations).
I showed Gayle and she liked the first and third versions (as seen above) best
I also worked on putting together the end credits graphics on Illustrator, which will make it less messy to do compared to doing it straight on Premiere. I was hoping to do it on InDesign, but it doesn't having HDTV settings, but Illustrator does. I'm off to a good start, but the wording is bound to change and I still need to add the copyright notice to the end credits graphics.




Comments
Post a Comment