BVA703 Research - S2 Week 13

 

09/10/2020

I tried out the end credits graphics done on Illustrator onto Premiere, but came out too small and unreadable and got really pixelated if scaled up.

James is now happy with my current edit and suggest move forward with sound mixing. He showed me some audio techniques on Premiere, but I didn't quite process it. Instead, I organised the necessary end credits for the CC photos and video clips that I used in my project.


10/10/2020

I had a very exhausting day out near Gore doing BTS photography for Jacqui's shoot, which brought along problems with focus and shutter speed issues with the DSLR camera. I tried everything with the focus and different shutter speeds and it made no difference. As a result, half of the images taken that day look soft.


13/10/2020

I had a feedback session from the class from those whom were present; James, Caleb, and Luqman. They believed it is the best shape it has been. They were critical of the main subject, found Robert Guyton more compelling, and made suggestions to the edit that would undermine my vision. I justified some things in the edit to them and showed them that I definitely a director's vision for the documentary. Too bad I can't explain in words, which has had made it difficult to articulate an artist statement for my documentary.

James suggested that adding music may help with improving the edit. I need to check with Chris about whether you still need an iLok USB drive to access ProTools like last year. I feel more comfortable doing my sound mix on Pro Tools.

They were satisfied with the alternative movie poster designs for my documentary.

Jacqui showed to the class, the BTS photos that I had taken for the shoot. They all liked my efforts.


14/10/2020

I reckon I have enough material to make a documentary on climate action in Invercargill, but I may just do that at the end of the year when practicing my Avid editing skills.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

BSA731 - Exhibition 2

Digital Video - Lockdown Week 4

BVA703 Research - Lockdown Week 3