Digital Video - S2 Week 13

06/10/2020

I was feeling overwhelmed with my project today and was thinking about leaving my editing as is and moving onto my sound mixing and colour grading, but I have organized a time with James to have a one-on-session on editing techniques that may prove beneficial to my project.

Oisin and Luqman showed us their current progress with editing their projects. I found them both to be in good shape. I couldn't really find particular things wrong or needs improvement in their edits.


08/10/2020

Very productive day. I started working on ideas for a movie poster of my documentary after feeling compelled to with Think and Create coming up. I drew a couple of sketches last night and brought them to life today on InDesign with many variables. They all look very exciting.

I used the Cabin Sketch font, which gives a millennial and grassroots look. It was also the font I was required to use for designing posters for the NZUSA a few years ago (New Zealand Union of Student Associations).





I showed Gayle and she liked the first and third versions (as seen above) best


I also worked on putting together the end credits graphics on Illustrator, which will make it less messy to do compared to doing it straight on Premiere. I was hoping to do it on InDesign, but it doesn't having HDTV settings, but Illustrator does. I'm off to a good start, but the wording is bound to change and I still need to add the copyright notice to the end credits graphics.



09/10/2020

I tried out the end credits graphics done on Illustrator onto Premiere, but came out too small and unreadable and got really pixelated if scaled up.

James is now happy with my current edit and suggest move forward with sound mixing. He showed me some audio techniques on Premiere, but I didn't quite process it. Instead, I organised the necessary end credits for the CC photos and video clips that I used in my project.


10/10/2020

I had a very exhausting day out near Gore doing BTS photography for Jacqui's shoot, which brought along problems with focus and shutter speed issues with the DSLR camera. I tried everything with the focus and different shutter speeds and it made no difference. As a result, half of the images taken that day look soft.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

BSA731 - Exhibition 2

Digital Video - Lockdown Week 4

BVA703 Research - Lockdown Week 3