Digital Video - S2 Week 16
27/10/2020
With James' help, I managed to get the sound mixing and colour grading under control and is now near completion. I have also now added the title graphics and the location sound from Queens Park for the opening titles.
30/10/2020
I spent time making a lot of progress on my press kit and final cut. I redesigned my CV since I didn't the way it looked from doing it for my intern paper.
I also went ahead with producing a 32-second teaser trailer for my documentary, which has come out quite good. I got in contacted with David Russell (photographer of the September 2019 school climate strike in Invercargill) to make sure he's fine with me using his images in the teaser trailer and the press kit and he is fine with it. He even told me that the last film production he was involved with was back in 1990, he was for a visual communication student film for Southland Polytechnic. Cartoonist Mark Winter was involved in that and the student film won in film festivals overseas as well.
I may contact David again on Monday to ask for hi-res copies of his images since he asked if he had done so previously. I will email him the images that I want from him on Monday.
I managed to purchase the music licensing from PremiumBeat for US$98 (just under NZ$150). It included with loops and shorter version of the music tracks and allows me to use in other projects as well in perpetuity. I went ahead and re-mixed the final cut with the licensed copies of the music tracks and found it was more louder than the previews that I had in the sound mix previously, so the licensed music tracks were mixed a little different as a result.
01/11/2020
02/11/2020
I managed to get the teaser trailer and poster ready and submitted to Think and Create
Laing, J. (Producer). (2020). Black Hands [Television series]. Television New Zealand
I watched the first episode of Black Hands last night, a five part mini-series co-production between TVNZ and Warner Bros. Television, I would describe it as a so-so melodrama with great technical highs (cinematography and music) and production values, which gives a Robert Sarkies look and feel to the show. The mini-series is based around the 1994 Bain family murders that happened in Dunedin in 1994 and depicts the family in the months leading up to the tragic event.
The performances are at a no more higher standard than the average NZ drama depicting an historical event. I am definitely still going to continue watching this mini-series each week.
Black Hands intended to leave it to the viewers on who they think committed this historical New Zealand murders, based on this series' acting performances. Was it a young, lonely, university student, David Bain or his father, a schoolteacher estranged from his religiously devout wife.


Comments
Post a Comment